The old plant looks so small now
I spent a few hours today getting everything in my grow room ready for when I plant the new seedlings tomorrow. I started germinating them yesterday and they are starting to crack open and their taproot is beginning to show.
My first plant is growing more and more each day. I should be able to tell if it is a male or female pretty soon. Growing this first one has been a pretty big learning experience for me as I prepare to get into the seeds that I actually paid for. The WeedCash community has been very great at sharing the knowledge that they have when it comes to growing cannabis.
I am planting two Gorilla Glue and two Northern Lights strains. They are both feminized auto flowers, so I am getting their final homes ready and inside the tent to make sure I have enough space for everything. I am using 3.5 gallon cloth pots and Fox Farm soil. I have read that this is some of the best soil to use. I have a lot of plans for the future when it comes to my cannabis, so I want to make sure that I am doing everything as correctly as I can.
One of the things that I added to the tent today was a small fan to circulate the air and move the leaves around. I am going to be watching the plants closely to make sure that the leaves are not getting too much movement from the fan and causing wind burn. If that happens, I will adjust the angle of the fan so it is less of a direct angle blowing across the leaves.
I am excited to get the other girls in their final homes tomorrow. It seems like my cannabis growing journey will officially begin once I get them in their pots. One of the regrets I have so far is getting the tent size that I did. I should have gone with one that is a bit bigger because it is a pretty tight squeeze in there, especially with the different "accessories" in the tent.
Thanks for stopping by and checking out this grow update. I will make another one in a few days once the seedlings begin poking up through the soil.