This post is about WeedCash governance and will be very similar to this post about Archon Governance because WeedCash governance is powered by Archon governance.
GP (Governance Power)
WeedCash and WeedCash Miners have a hidden function called GP, or governance power. GP is at the core of all WeedCash governance actions.
User's GP = Staked WEED + Staked Miners
This new WeedCash "layer-ware" (powered by the Archon Tribe) depends on tracking votes from WeedCash Users with more than 0.001 GP and triggering certain actions under certain conditions.
Users under this amount can still partake in governance actions, and their votes will be counted, but having 0.001 GP or more allows them to trigger these actions with their own votes instead of depending on users with more GP.
WeedCash proposals are a way for users to propose certain actions for the WeedCash tribe settings and any actions for the governance account (@weedcash-gov). Proposals are binary and must outline a simple Yes or No option.
Proposals are great for:
- Changing tribe settings
- Buying or selling tokens on @weedcash-gov account
- Setting or changing options for governance actions
- Any action that requires the use of @weedcash-gov's active keys
- Actions that require the use of @weedcash-gov's posting key (except core "layer-ware")
- Functions like claiming funds or auto-posting replies for proposals)
- Setting or changing fees for tribe features
- Proposing collaborations
- Refunding HIVE or HBD from @weedcash-gov to Archon users (based on GP)
- Banning a user (special case, currently requires > 61% overall GP to pass)
- Proposing changes to "layer-ware" (or layer-ware settings)
- Insert thing I haven't thought of yet here
Proposals are not good for:
- Requesting account actions on any account other than @weedcash-gov unless new accounts are added under GP control (like Archon City, a planned Dcity account controlled, shared and governed by Archon GP). Petitions can be used to request account actions from accounts not under GP control. If the account has Archon "layer-ware" running on it, you can propose changes to "layer-ware" settings instead.
- Requesting actions that force another person to work (or code) without prior permission. If your proposal requires new code to be written (and you can't/won't write it yourself), - collaborate with someone and submit a team proposal, or you can petition for the changes to be made and the code written.
- Anything that can't be answered with a simple Yes or No
To create a WeedCash Proposal make a post on weedcash.network outlining the action(s) you wish to put to a vote, have the title begin with "WeedCash Proposal", use #weedcash and #weedcash-proposal, and set 100% beneficiary to @weedcash-gov.
Once your post has been picked up by tracking (a weedcash user with > 0.001 GP upvotes it) a bot will automatically place a yes and no comment for users to vote on.
The 100% beneficiary "fee" for Archon Proposals and Petitions are (currently) in place to avoid users farming proposals for rewards, and to help build the governance fund.
@coffeebuds (or future named parties) can veto a proposal that doesn't follow the above guidelines.
WeedCash Petitions are now live and running, and are a way for users to make their will known. A petition can request any type of action (within reason), however the target of the request is not bound to comply. This does not mean they don't hold any power, for anyone would be silly to ignore a well supported petition with the will of the community behind it.
WeedCash Petitions are great for:
- Requesting work be done for the community
- Requesting corrections for errors or mistakes (like this petition here)
- Requesting new features for WeedCash "layer-ware"
- Basically any reasonable request can be made via petition, by any user (even with 0 WeedCash stake)
To create a WeedCash petition, make a post on weedcash.network detailing your requests and reasoning. Have the title begin with "WeedCash Petition", be sure to set 100% beneficiary to @weedcash-gov (once again to avoid farming and build governance funds) and use #weedcash and #weedcash-petition as tags.
Unlike with proposals, your vote % matters. It's not just binary, it's about a little more than caring or not caring, but it's also about how much you care...
The Governator is one of our new discord bots. He is getting smarter and smarter every day. To get his commands, pop into #weedcash-gov on our discord server and type in "!gov help" without the quotes.
Besides being able to get information on active petitions or proposals, The Governator can also list users by GP, display all governance funds and a few other cool things that will make more sense as he evolves.