Technically in my little corner of the globe, there are still just about four more hours of November 2020 left, but the last #HivePUD for 2020 has already arrived in other parts of the world! If you want a wicked cool way to check if December 1st is officially in your area, be sure to check out the "new" (as of September 2020) Countdown Timer courtesy of the awesomesauce team at @hivebuzz!
And quickly, to clarify -
- If you want to qualify for the AMAZING Hive Power Up Day badge(s), your power up must happen during the 24 hours of December 1st, 2020 according to UTC time.
- If you want to qualify for the #HivePUD prize pool, your power up and post must happen (according to criteria listed below) during the hours of December 1st, your local time.
Hive Power Up Day #HiveChat
Tomorrow will also have the 20th Hive Chat taking place on Twitter, and @hivechat graciously allowed me to celebrate with a second turn at the mic, after I hosted #3 back on August 4th, 2020 (wow, doesn't seem that long ago!). Three guesses what my topic is - yep, Hive Power Up Day! Be sure to stop by my Twitter account, or scan the Hive Chat hash tag on Twitter to join in the fun! And when the chat is over, I plan to scroll through and drop some @hivetips via my @hiveblogshare account (with thanks to @theycallmedan for providing the Hive). Chatting with other Hiveans about power up day with a chance to score a bit of Hive - what's not to love? 😊
Now, since I did a rundown of it all in the Announcement post last week, I'll stick with a short & sweet recap this time around.
What is Hive Power Up Day?
Hive Power Up Day has been taking place on the first day of every month since @streetstyle came up with the idea on that other blockchain over a year and a half ago.
What does it require?
In @streetstyle's words ...
On the first day of the month...
• ...we ask that everyone who can do so, power up any amount of HIVE they are holding on the first of the month.
• ... we ask accounts that are currently powering down to please pause the powerdown during the hours of the first of the month.
• ... we ask that those who are trading and/or selling Hive, not to do so during the hours of the first of the month (and if possible, cancel any type of sell order on any exchanges for the same hours).
What are the rules to win prizes for HivePUD?
The requirements are:
- Your reputation must be above 39 and below 70.
- Your total Hive Power (before the 1st) must be more than 100 and less than 8000.
- NEW: You must power up at least 10 Hive on December 1st.
- You must write a post about your power up on December 1st with the tag #HivePUD (International) or #HPUD (Spanish) as one of the first 5 tags.
To be included in the winners list, you must meet all four requirements above. The order of the list (first place, second place, and so on) will be determined by the biggest PERCENTAGE of Hive powered up, not necessarily the most Hive powered up.
For more information about @victoriabsb's wicked cool Hispanic Initiative that ensures that the smallest accounts (who might not be able to make the requirements above) are still able to get some prizes, check out her announcement post for this month, Ultimo Hive Power Up Day del Año, 1ero de Diciembre! 💪 [ENG/ESP] || #HPUD.
What are the prizes?
The list of prizes, both confirmed & not confirmed (although I'm pretty sure they've all got a green check mark), are in the aforementioned Announcement post last week.
Did I hear something about badges?
At this point, I think everyone within a hundred miles of my 3D home has heard about Power Up Day badges...lol! Back in July 2020, after @jeanlucsr went to the @hivebuzz crew with an idea for a Power Up Day badge, @arcange, @lizanomadsoul, and the team came up with some amazing new stuff for our Power Up Day initiative (all the details in their Hive Power Up Day - Let's grow together! post).
While they have plans to expand the fun even further (like they did with the Helper Badges in September), this is a very busy time of year for everyone, especially with @hivefest approaching on the 18th & 19th of December. "Bee" sure to follow @hivebuzz on Hive and Twitter so you don't miss out on future announcements, and let them know how much you appreciate everything they've done to add more fun to Power Up Day so far! I can't wait to see what they have planned for next year!
Wait, what? You don't know about #HiveFest? Then hurry over and check out @gtg's post, HiveFest⁵ - This year at your place! After that, register for free before the 7th if you can attend (you don't need VR equipment to participate). I plan to sit down and get myself registered some time in the next few days. Also, please consider dropping a vote for @roelandp's HiveFest⁵ @ AltspaceVR funding support proposal.. Hive Fest 5 promises to be...
- Power up Hive on December 1st, 2020
- Post about your power up on December 1st, 2020
- Unofficial winners list will be posted December 2nd or 3rd (allowing time to correct for errors/omissions)
- Official winners list will be posted on December 5th, after which sponsors will disperse prizes
That's it for now!
Shout out to the new-ish (still in Beta) UI from @leofinance (check out @khaleelkazi's post, LeoFinance Beta UI Live Demo | Improved Content Discovery, HiveOnboarding, Themes for more info) which is what I used for creating this post. Nicely done, Leo Finance team!
Thanks to everyone for all you do to make our new blockchain space a home! Special shout out to @abh12345 for graciously agreeing to help me again by pulling together the data when the time comes - Asher, you're a ROCKSTAR! And here's to another awesomesauce Hive Power Up Day - I know we're doing @streetstyle proud!
Thanks for stopping by!
My posts may occasionally contain affiliate links. If you click through,
I might get a wicked small commission, with no extra cost to you.
All words and images are mine (unless otherwise indicated),
and can also be found on my various social media sites.
Posted Using LeoFinance Beta