Growing indoor plants which totally requires the presence of grow lights is one of the most popular topics wherever forums for cannabis cultivations you'll be able to dig. Many have still struggling either to stay for the standard and old school High-Pressure Sodium lighting or go for the advanced Light Emitting Diode grow light which would prettily cost you much. Growers endlessly contemplate and argue which is better grow lights for their cannabis plant aspiring for quick growth cycles that could generate gigantic buds containing high levels of THC and CBD which are both essential in recognizing the investments for the cultivation as a gain.
The formation of Cannabis sativa can be manipulated with light spectra based on several studies which are why many growers tend to invest a greater amount in lighting equipment. As you are here, you'll be able to weigh which is the best grow lights for cannabis plants assuming that you'll put up one of your own someday, so carry on until the last page as I tackle the advantages and disadvantages you could get from both two lighting types.
Pros of HPS
• More affordable compared to LED lighting, giving the grower a cheaper initial start-up investment.
• Improve yields as its bulbs render a tremendous amount of raw light intensity which is beneficial for your cannabis plants' flowering stage.
• More standardized among manufacturers, making it a bit easier to compare from one brand to another.
Cons of HPS
• Tends to produce more heat as it requires a greater load of electricity to generate light
• Requires additional ventilation equipment to maintain a proper grow room temperature and is a great factor in exposing your plants and investment to risk if you have your planting spot-on places prone to heat issues.
• Requires greater maintenance as its bulb's intensity tends to decline over time and thus needed for a quick replacement to prevent your plants from getting affected.
Pros of LED Grow Lights
• Run much cooler than HPS as it is equipped with built-in cooling systems and heat sinks which vent air up and away from plants.
• Requires minimal space in between with plants as it only produces greater light and lesser heat, and appears to be much smaller than other lights.
• Made of very high light quality and has a longer lifespan that could last 50,000 to 100,000 hours of operation or more, which directly contributes to reducing your maintenance costs and hassle.
• Doesn't require any adjustments from time to time as LED lighting emits light directionally for 180 degrees by default, giving a deeper penetration to plants.
• Requires fewer accessory lamp parts compared to other lighting equipment during setups.
• No warm-up or cool-down period, for faster switching.
Cons of LED Grow Lights
• Growers will be forced to invest a higher upfront cost to run the operation with LED lighting equipment.
• Compared to HPS, LED isn't regulated throughout manufacturers which could really take much of your time and effort to compare the efficiency from one manufacturer to another.
• Unsuitable for growing spots that have colder temperature compared to HPS that could aid the cultivation cycles through its generated extra heat.
LED and HPS grow lights are both proficient at generating great yields having advantages over the other. There are just minimal differences between the yields but for those growers who are meticulous when it comes to quality, even the slightest flaws could become a great deal. That's why, especially if you're a starter, better practice patience, go for greater investments if you aspire for unquestionably greater yields, and lower expectations as the result could never always go according to plan.
As I'm so in love with photography and already had had various collections of #animals , #nature , #plants , #foods , #travel , #sunsets , #sunrise , and so much more, I want to share all of them for the world to see how so blessed we are to still have the chance to get hold of them and take a good look at them. We may have seen them every day but what's the great things when it comes to God's creation was that it stays unique on each of every day.
I hope to see one of yours and it will be my pleasure to upvote it once seen worthy. 😍😉👀
May the force be with us.