Some people on HIVE would LOVE to write a #naturalmedicine post, but are not sure if we'd accept it. Thus, the curators have got together to give you a whole heap of inspiration for post ideas that are perfectly awesome under the natural medicine tag! We hope it helps!
Herbs, Plants, Cannabis, Foraging & Wildcrafting
- What herb do you grow in your garden for medicinal purposes and why?
- Share your journey to healing through the use of CBD oils
- Detail how to make a herbal medicine from a plant eg rosehip syrup, a fire cider, oxymel, healing balm, oil etc
- What is the scientific research behind 'x' plant?
- Describe the use of a plant used in a spiritual ritual
- What herbs address stress, hormones, the liver, the heart or any other particular organ or response?
- What cultural concerns might surround the use of a particular plant?
- Describe your foraging experience this week
- What wild food recipes can you share?
- What is your favourite wild food?
- Is wildcrafting always ethical?
Homesteading & Gardening
- Have you ever used hugelkultur, permaculture, wicking beds or other alternative gardening methods that really work?
- What alternatives can you use to commerical pesticides and herbicides that really work?
- Detail what's happening in your organic garden this month
- What alternative medicines or methods do you use to keep your livestock healthy?
- How do you repurpose things around the homestead?
- What methods do you use to preserve an abundant harvest?
- How do you garden to suit your climate?
- If you don't have a garden and instead grow in pots, either outdoors or indoors, tell us how you go about it
- Share a recipe for a meal you made with your produce from the garden/homestead
- What projects have you got going on your homestead or in the garden?
Mindfulness, Meditation, Self Help & Mental Health
- What is your favourite mindfulness practice?
- Record a yoga nidra or other meditative practice and upload to 3speak
- Have you ever tried Emotional Freedom Tapping - does it work?
- How can neuroscience inform meditative practices?
- How might we practice self love?
Vegan, Plant Based & Conscious Eating
- Which alternative milk is better for the planet?
- Do keto diets really work, and how?
- What's your favourite recipe book?
- How might non meat eaters address a low iron issue?
- If we really care about animals, would we eat meat or honey?
- Do you have a tasty vegan recipe with step-by-step instructions and photos?
- What are the reasons you have taken up a vegan/vegetarian/plantbased diet?
- What are your favorite herbs and spices and how do you use them in your dishes?
- How you do you veganize recipes that normally contain meat and what substitutes do you use?
Yoga, Dancing, Tai Chi & Other Moving Meditations/Therapies
- What is your experience with a somatic art that connects mind and body?
- What is the therapeutic benefit of art?
- How might yoga help with trauma & PTSD?
- What yoga poses are good for regulating hormones or addressing other body systems?
- Anything on chakra systems, yoga philosophy and texts eg Bhagavid Gita, Patanjali.
- Breakdown a pose or a sequence
- Describe your personal experience in healing from your chosen movement
General Fitness & Health
- What are your 'get fit' resolutions?
- What health issues are you addressing in alternative ways?
- How's your jogging plan going and are you noticing results?
- How might exercise be good for mental health?
Thankyou to our dear curators @drrune, @trucklife-family, @minismallholding and @justinparke for your help on this post. You've all recieved a part beneficiary for your troubles. Thankyou for your patience in doing it twice as the first draft was lost - you are so appreciated!
Earn Instantly For Writing Natural Health Content
Earn LOTUS and HIVE rewards for sharing your natural health content on www.naturalmedicine.io. If you don't already have a HIVE account, you can sign up for
FREE here. We support writers sharing about herbalism, TCM, yoga, meditation, vegan and other healthy diets, as well as earth centred practices such as foraging, permaculture and biodynamics - read more about us on our Welcome Page!